Thank you for your interest in Marion County Library. Staffing needs are always subject to review. Job openings are posted here on our website and position openings are advertised in the Marion Star & Mullins Enterprise. If you see a library job posting for which you believe yourself qualified, you may apply by filling out a Marion County Library Application for Employment and bringing it to the Marion Headquarters Library at 101 E. Court Street in Marion.
Note: We require a completed Marion County Library job application. We welcome additional materials such as resumes and recommendations, but these will only be considered as an attachment to a Marion County Library job application form filled out with complete information.
If you are not already a library user, we invite you to become familiar with all Marion County Library has to offer its patrons. Come to the library, get a library card, and reap the benefits. Stay informed about what’s new at the library and keep up-to-date on our programs and services by visiting our website at marioncountylibrary.org and following us on Facebook.
The Marion County Library is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Library Director. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Library Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Library operations to efficiently and effectively serve public needs. The candidate should be innovative, service oriented and possess strong leadership skills. The new director will contribute to developing the library’s strategic vision, aid in staff development, and grow the library’s contribution to the community.
Located in the beautiful, predominantly rural northeastern area of South Carolina within easy driving distance of Myrtle Beach, the Library provides excellent services and programs to 32,000 residents with 13 FTE staff, three facilities and a Bookmobile. Successful passage of a local funding initiative has generated revenue for a renovated main library, now in planning stages.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited program
- 5 years of increasingly responsible leadership and management experience, preferably in a library, with at least 3 of those years consisting of budgeting, planning, and supervising staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with current and future library technology and trends
- SC driver’s license (or obtained within 6 months if out of state)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Public relations experience
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- Budget forecasting, preparation, oversight
- Staff development and supervision
- Facilities management
- Oversight of library’s technology platforms
- Community engagement on behalf of the library
- Base salary is negotiable, 45K-52K, with excellent benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Accepting applications immediately through October 1, 2018. Please submit a letter of introduction, resume, three references, unofficial transcripts (official upon hire), and a completed Marion County job application form (downloadable from the library’s website: http://www.marioncountylibrary.org/about-us/working-here/)
Mail complete package to:
Marion County Library
Chair, Marion County Library Board of Trustees
101 East Court Street
Marion, SC 29571