Thank you for your interest in Marion County Library. Staffing needs are always subject to review. Job openings are posted here on our website and position openings are advertised in the Marion Star & Mullins Enterprise. If you see a library job posting for which you believe yourself qualified, you may apply by filling out a Marion County Library Application for Employment and bringing it to the Marion Headquarters Library at 101 E. Court Street in Marion.
Note: We require a completed Marion County Library job application. We welcome additional materials such as resumes and recommendations, but these will only be considered as an attachment to a Marion County Library job application form filled out with complete information.
If you are not already a library user, we invite you to become familiar with all Marion County Library has to offer its patrons. Come to the library, get a library card, and reap the benefits. Stay informed about what’s new at the library and keep up-to-date on our programs and services by visiting our website at marioncountylibrary.org and following us on Facebook.
Nichols Branch Manager, P/T
Under limited supervision, this position assumes responsibility for the operation of the Nichols Library, establishes and maintains a network within the community, and maintains awareness of the needs of the community and the library’s patrons. Candidate must be able to work independently, have excellent communication skills, and have a strong computer background. Candidate must be able to provide library programming under the general direction of the Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians, as well as work with patrons directly on technology and library needs, including MS Office, internet, email, filing forms, job searches, and research. Candidate follows the policies and procedures of the Library and reports to the Library Director. This position is also assigned to other branches as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately report branch statistics.
- Accurately track, report, and collect fines and fees.
- Report needs of the facility.
- Staff the circulation desk.
- Assist patrons with information and technology needs.
- Advocate for patron needs and requests.
- Provide programming in Nichols for all ages.
- Work with Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians to maintain the Nichols branch collections for all ages.
- Ensure equitable application of library policies and follows standard desk procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Customer service experience.
- Valid SC Driver’s license.
Personal transportation that can be used for business travel is required.
- Experience working in public libraries strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children.
- Experience in library programming.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes participation in the state retirement plan. No other benefits are included.
Interested applicants should submit the library’s application of employment form, including two professional references, to:
Marion County Library System
101 E. Court Street
Marion, SC 29571
Application form can be found at:
The Marion County Library System is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will remain open until filled.