Thank you for your interest in Marion County Library. Staffing needs are always subject to review. Job openings are posted here on our website and position openings are advertised in the Marion Star & Mullins Enterprise. If you see a library job posting for which you believe yourself qualified, you may apply by filling out a Marion County Library Application for Employment and bringing it to the Marion Headquarters Library at 101 E. Court Street in Marion.
Note: We require a completed Marion County Library job application. We welcome additional materials such as resumes and recommendations, but these will only be considered as an attachment to a Marion County Library job application form filled out with complete information.
If you are not already a library user, we invite you to become familiar with all Marion County Library has to offer its patrons. Come to the library, get a library card, and reap the benefits. Stay informed about what’s new at the library and keep up-to-date on our programs and services by visiting our website at marioncountylibrary.org and following us on Facebook.
Mullins Branch Manager
Under the general direction of the Director, manages and supervises operations of the Mullins branch library. The Branch Manager represents the Library and its missions, values, and vision to the patrons and leaders of the Mullins community. Primarily assigned to the Mullins branch, this position may assigned to work in other locations. This position reports to the Library Director and includes supervisory duties. Duties may require independent judgment and action within specific parameters. Saturday shifts assigned on rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates facilities and operational needs.
- Supervises staff assigned to branch location.
- Advocates for patron needs and requests.
- Works with Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians to maintain branch collections and provide programming for all ages.
- Ensures equitable application of library policies and desk procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree with one to three years of public library experience; Associate degree and three to five years of public library experience; or any combination of education, training, and experience relevant to the position.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Valid SC Driver’s license.
Personal transportation that can be used for business travel is required.
- Progressively responsible supervisory or management experience in public libraries.
- Demonstrated interest and participation in library professional development.
- Skills, training, or experience in one or more of the following areas: technology training, technology troubleshooting, presentation to groups, peer training, project management, technical services, collection management, backend experience with library software (such as Polaris).
This is a non-exempt position, hourly rate DOQ. Compensation package includes excellent health care benefits, paid leave, and opportunities for professional development. Participation in state retirement plan is required.
Interested applicants should submit the library’s application of employment form to:
Marion County Library System
101 E. Court Street
Marion, SC 29571
Supplemental materials such as cover letters and resumes are welcome in addition to the required application form.