Thank you for your interest in Marion County Library. Staffing needs are always subject to review. Job openings are posted here on our website and position openings are advertised in the Marion Star & Mullins Enterprise. If you see a library job posting for which you believe yourself qualified, you may apply by filling out a Marion County Library Application for Employment and bringing it to the Marion Headquarters Library at 101 E. Court Street in Marion.
Note: We welcome added materials such as resumes, employment histories, course certificates, and recommendations, but they will only be considered as an attachment to a Marion County Library Employment Application filled out with complete information.
If you are not already a library user, you are invited to become familiar with all Marion County Library has to offer its patrons. Come to the library, get a library card, and reap the benefits. Stay informed about what’s new at the library and keep up-to-date on our programs and services by visiting our website at marioncountylibrary.org.
Finance Manager (Full-time)
Marion County Library System is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to perform and oversee the duties related to financial reporting, budgeting, audit management, and oversee the month end and year end close process, and personnel and payroll administration. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate well with co-workers and patrons. This position is typically scheduled for Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. but may require some evening hours.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Preparing and recording monthly journal entries for fund accounting, bank reconciliations, and month end reports for monthly board meetings.
- Payroll: process new hire paperwork, e-verify reporting, bi-weekly payroll, and quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Fixed asset management: record and track fixed assets for annual audit.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Library Director.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with the external auditor.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Library Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Additional course work in relevant area of study
- 3 to 5 years Accounting and Payroll experience
- Personal transportation that can be used for business travel.
- Associate degree or higher
- Library experience desirable
- Supervisory experience
Wages are depending on qualifications. Compensation package includes generous health care benefits, paid annual and sick leave, 12 paid holidays, and participation in the SC Retirement Plan.
Interested applicants should submit an application of employment, resume, and cover letter to:
Diann Smothers, Director
Marion County Library System
101 E. Court Street
Marion, SC 29571
Application form can be found at: