Thank you for your interest in Marion County Library. Staffing needs are always subject to review. Job openings are posted here on our website and position openings are advertised in the Marion Star & Mullins Enterprise. If you see a library job posting for which you believe yourself qualified, you may apply by filling out a Marion County Library Application for Employment and bringing it to the Marion Headquarters Library at 101 E. Court Street in Marion.
Note: All positions require the Marion County Library Employment Application form (linked below). Additional materials such as resumes, employment histories, course certificates, and recommendations are welcome.
If you are not already a library user, you are invited to become familiar with all Marion County Library has to offer its patrons. Come to the library, get a library card, and reap the benefits. Stay informed about what’s new at the library and keep up-to-date on our programs and services by visiting our website at marioncountylibrary.org.
Part-Time Branch Assistant, Nichols Library
The Marion County Library System seeks applications for the position of Part-Time Branch Assistant for the Nichols Library in Nichols, SC. Under limited supervision, this position assumes responsibility for the operation of the Nichols Library during its hours of operation. This position is also assigned to other branches to fulfill scheduling needs. Candidate must be able to work independently, have excellent communication skills, and have a strong computer background. Candidate must be able to provide library programming under the general direction of the Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians, as well as work with patrons directly on technology and library needs, including MS Office, internet, email, filing forms, job searches, and research. Candidate follows the policies and procedures of the Library and reports to the Library Director. This position also entails varied clerical work including but not limited to circulation of library materials, processing overdue fines, library card applications, shelving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately report branch statistics.
- Accurately track, report, and collect fines and fees.
- Report needs of the facility.
- Staff the circulation desk.
- Assist patrons with information and technology needs.
- Advocate for patron needs and requests.
- Participate in material selection under the guidance of the Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians.
- Collaborate with the Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians to provide programming in Nichols and Mullins for all ages.
- Work with Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians to maintain the Nichols branch collections for all ages.
- Ensure equitable application of library policies and follows standard desk procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Customer service experience.
- Valid SC Driver’s license.
Personal transportation that can be used for business travel is required.
- Experience working in public libraries strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children.
- Experience in library programming.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes participation in the state retirement plan. No other benefits are included.
Interested applicants should submit the library’s application of employment form, including two professional references, to:
Marion County Library System
101 E. Court Street
Marion, SC 29571
Resumes will be accepted but an application will not be considered without the application form included.
Application form can be found at:
The Marion County Library System is an equal opportunity employer.